Got Rosie (sense) helicopter drag 'n' drop working on Desire stock Froyo! Yippeee

Last Updated:

1. carlos67

carlos67 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

Just thought I would share this with you.

I have used Lambrospowers (XDA Forum) Rosie patch to enable drag n drop when in helicopter (leap) view. It works flawlessly on my rooted stock Froyo Desire. If anyone is interested, I will provide more info on how to install the patch and where to d/l it from.

My desire is rooted but S-ON and odexed. It only works on rooted phones.

I love this feature that only comes on DHD & DZ as part of the new sense 2.0 ui as standard.

Happy bunny here.:D

Advertisement
  2. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

dont you just apply the patch via recovery? as its litterally a small sense patch so normal sense should take it fine

3. carlos67

carlos67 Member This Topic's Starter

Rastaman,

Indeed you are correct. Apply from recovery (ClockworkMod) and reboot but you may have to pull battery after booting and re-insert and reboot like I did as it hung on the quietly brilliant screen after first reboot following flashing. However, according some forum guys, this patch will not work on an odexed (stock) Froyo ROM such as mine is. Well, it does and my phone proves it does. No probs whatsoever and smooth as silk.

Mine is rooted but still S-ON and odexed. I have never flashed a custom ROM yet (but am tempted to use Leedroid 2.2e). We'll see????

Highly recommend Nandroid backup before applying this patch just in case you need to go back.............;)