• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

got sims3 on my Nex..

BiGMERF

Extreme Android User
Dec 2, 2009
Florida
www.google.com
link works fine for me.. sure its not you?
I found it somewhere else thanks. I uninstalled it after 10 minutes because I didn't like the LARGE amount of permissions I had to accept for install. I don't like any application reading and WRITING my contacts list. Modifying battery statistics I thought was strange too, application trying to hide the amount of juice it uses?

Upvote 0
I found it somewhere else thanks. I uninstalled it after 10 minutes because I didn't like the LARGE amount of permissions I had to accept for install. I don't like any application reading and WRITING my contacts list. Modifying battery statistics I thought was strange too, application trying to hide the amount of juice it uses?

matter of personal choice i guess

Upvote 0
I also had this installed for a short while.
Game was far from optimized for the N1's hardware imo.
One of the games that made my phone heat up like a radiator. Although I have to admit I did play for a few hours when I just got it.
But I decided it was best for me not to keep the game :p

the most have i played consecutive is maybe like an hr tops and really have had no heat problems. guess playing for a few hours will do it with any game...

Upvote 0
@bigmerf How are you insalling an apk through asto. My files never work from there unless im doing it incorrectly or a premium version is needed. I have to end up emailing it to myself which initiates the native package installer with the attachment and due to the size of this file I cant attach.

i dont have the premium version. I put it in the download file of my sd card i go on astro on my phone and find the download file click it > click the file and a popup comes up asking to open the app manager. i click it and another screen comes up asking if you want to install the app. click and launch it

Reactions: brokeoutangel
Upvote 0
Hmmm, trying to install through astro does work for me either. I click on the file in the download folder, select to open with app manager....but then it doesn't give the option to install. I've tried numerous times and also downloaded the file a couple of times but I get the same result. Oh well, the Sims was never my favorite.

Upvote 0
Hmmm, trying to install through astro does work for me either. I click on the file in the download folder, select to open with app manager....but then it doesn't give the option to install. ...
Be sure to check the option to allow installation of APK from other sources in the system settings.

Should be the topmost setting in "Menu"/"Settings"/"Applications".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones