Got Skyraider, but is the grass really greener?

1. notaguru

notaguru Well-Known Member

This Dinc runs fine on Skyraider 4.0. It's stable, fast, has excellent battery life, and everything works.

But there are lots of ROMs out there, constantly evolving, and this has gone from a phone to a hobby. I cannot help but ask "What's next?"

Advertisement
  2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Haha, that is the million dollar question.

Gingersense roms with sense 2.1 and 3.0 are new on the dev list. And after that will come "ice cream" roms hopefully.
  3. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

If you want to experience true ROM surfeit, try CM7 nightlies and set ROM Manager to alert you every time a new one comes out [grins, ducks, runs]. ;)
  4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Gingersense has renewed my desire to keep this phone awhile longer.
  5. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

I agree ^^
  6. iowabowtech

^^Which one you running?
  7. Darebrokenheart

Darebrokenheart Well-Known Member

I'm running Stock Kingdom Gingersense 3.0 Rls1.1....Cool animation;)
  8. iowabowtech

Yeah, these 3.0 or hybrid Roms are the ticket. Kinda figured I'd be on CM7 for the long haul but the graphics and animations on these Roms are so superior...at the cost of some battery I will admit. But they're getting better at managing it.
  9. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

Hopefully ihftp69 will give us one more update, with skyraider, with the 3.0 lockscreen, camera and a few more goodies, and then I'd say that's about the best this phone can be!
  10. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

Nil's business sense 2.1/3.0 is very stable for me. got it themed up nice GB stylee. love it
  11. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

i stick with skyraider roms
  12. notaguru

Hmmm...
    There's more than one? I'm using 4.0 - what have I missed?

----- voice of a newbie -----
  13. Darebrokenheart

Darebrokenheart Well-Known Member

I haven't used skyraider or cm7 roms since I've rooted my phone. I have used virtuous 3.2 and now kingdomsense. I guess I'll try them out to see how they are.
  14. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

skyraider is coming out with an update to 4.1 very SOON. AWESOME!!! thats all i can give you guys..
  15. notaguru

An update to 4.1? Heck, I'm on 4.0 - I feel left out.
  16. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

4.1 just came out its pretty sweet
  17. notaguru

Just did 4.1 - and it was painless. Solid, fast, and everything just works. I'm not skilled enough to take advantage of all the goodies, but with LauncherPro this grass is very, very green and fresh!