Got some questions? think they're stupid? POST 'EM HEREGeneral

1. sellfone

sellfone New Member

i want to use a picture from the gallery as a wallpaper. I did get a picture on there but it is so zoomed in that it looks terrible. I want it to look like a normal photo, the way it looks in my photo gallery. This has not been a simple process-it has taken days, and still no luck; can someone take me step by step on how to set the wallpaper from the gallery? Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. shutterpoet

shutterpoet Well-Known Member

I think you need to use 'picture frame' or 'my photo frame' which are in the widget menu. 'Go Launcer Ex' has these options. Good luck.
  3. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

the little yellow box that appears when you choose to use a wall paper can be made bigger by holding a side and dragging it. that may help.
  4. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

no, these just display a pic in a widget. like hanging it on your wall.
  5. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

It sounds like you are still using the stock launcher (with the 9 home screens). That causes the zoomed-in view. As suggested above, just get Go launcher ex and you'll be good to go.
  6. DsyMnapTic

DsyMnapTic Well-Known Member

Great.......okay I'll start...What is the name of the stock browser in market, i deleted it a long time ago and can't seem to find that mofo now?
  7. lordt78

lordt78 Well-Known Member

Do you need an answer for this? :D
  8. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

android launcher, but dont think u can find it on the market
  9. DsyMnapTic

where can i find it then? maybe 4shared.com?
  10. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

question is.. is your phone rooted? if it isnt u didnt delete the stock anything ;)
  11. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

Here you go,as described in the phone's settings section(Settings>About Phone>Device Info>Browser Info)

Mozilla/5.0(Linux;U;Android 2.1 - update 1;en-us;M860 Build/ERE 27) Apple Web Kit/530.17(KHTML,Like Gecko) Version/ 4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

As Playful God stated,I don't think this is available in the MARKET.
  12. DsyMnapTic

uhhh....yeah my phones been way rooted for sometimes now, Even had to reflash the stock rom one time for deletin canvas like a dumbass, that's before I knew i had to replace it with a new launcher.......hehe.:D
  13. KOLIO

What is it exactly that you deleted?The Web browser,The ANDROID MARKET,or something else?
  14. DsyMnapTic

I deleted the stock web browser and was wandering where to re-download it from, because some1 suggested that i might be able to download new roms on it. As every other browser I've tried does not work for downloading those Rom files.
  15. KOLIO

I've heard several here mention DOLPHIN,DOLPHIN HD, or DOLPHIN MINI for downloading.Tried any of those yet?
  16. DsyMnapTic

I tried Dolphin Hd and dolphin mini......
    to me it really seemed like a link problem when i when to download.
  17. danaj

danaj Well-Known Member

I use Opera mini, and I am able to download things no problem.
    ShinySide and KOLIO like this.
  18. DsyMnapTic

well aren't you special.......keep rubbin it in folks. I must have the only ascend on planet earth that hates humans and finally figured out how to operate against their will. I knew that little green dude would start revolting sometime
  19. KOLIO

Sorry you're having problems d/l. :(
    Sounds like you're gonna have to flash back to stock once again.
  20. DsyMnapTic

Are you bloody effin serious......no way dude
  21. wicho

wicho Active Member

i got a sd booster wat should set it its at 128 im on icarus
  22. KOLIO

I just go w/the developers recommendation,2048.The developer of SD SPEED INCREASE recommends the same.
  23. MoneyHoarder87

MoneyHoarder87 Well-Known Member

It literally says the recommended value right on the app, literally.
  24. DsyMnapTic

Just a quicky.....I had my SD card partitioned before I flashed to CM6, I believe it stayed that way and the Ext was just formatted. My question is, is it necessary to keep that ext. to utilize cm6's app moving function....or could I remove it?
  25. MoneyHoarder87

MoneyHoarder87 Well-Known Member

You don't need it.