• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got some questions? think they're stupid? POST 'EM HERE

ok here's a really stupid question.
How can I pass-through my BT audio from my ascend to my laptop and then to my headset? (and maybe include caller ID as well :D)

(phone connects to laptop bluetooth- yes
(headset connects to laptop bluetooth- yes
(both connect to laptop bluetooth at the same time- yes

(phone audio on laptop- yes
( laptop audio on headset- yes
(both at same time- no, why?? but bt on headset does activate w/ no sound when both connected to laptop and sound played on phone...

*Huawei Ascend M-860 (froyo 2.2.2)
*Toshiba m105 XP Home (sp3)
*no-name usb BT adapter + belkin/broadcom bt drivers
*LG HBM-760 BT Headset

Ideas?

Upvote 0
I flashed ALL of the CM Mods and I can't get my caller ringtones to work. I put them in the ringtones directory on my SD card and my default ring tone goes off instead of my assigned ringtone for that caller. How do I get them working?

Also I saw in CM6 that it would show a bootup time in the notification bar and in CM7 it doesn't. Is there a way to turn it on in CM7? Just curious how long it takes my phone to fully boot up..

Thanks...
Eagle..

Upvote 0
Ok hi i have been doing some research all day and i found out that you can use the huawei ascend ( any android ) without a cell phone service but in order to do that i needed to create an account at sipgate.com which is not available , i want to make and recieve calls and send and recieve messages but without sipgate i dont know how else to do that can any one help me or suggest me anything ? thankss;)

Upvote 0
Will Opera Mini all downloads of zip files, etc? I have skyfire right now and no plug-ins work because they all require the default browser and I deleted the browser.apk file after rooting.

What??? Can anyone understand what this guy is saying? The first sentence makes no sense.

As for the second sentence, from my experience, the stock browser will dl some files.. But the other browsers can dl those same files, as well as others that the stock browser refuses to dl. I've had the best luck with Dolphin and Opera.

And I'm not sure that you can get the stock browser any way other than stock recovery.

Upvote 0
What??? Can anyone understand what this guy is saying? The first sentence makes no sense.

As for the second sentence, from my experience, the stock browser will dl some files.. But the other browsers can dl those same files, as well as others that the stock browser refuses to dl. I've had the best luck with Dolphin and Opera.

And I'm not sure that you can get the stock browser any way other than stock recovery.
i think he means "allow" instead of "all". What he means is some of the aftermarket browsers run on top of the stock browser, so without the stock one, the alternates don't work properly either. I believe he is asking if Opera mini runs on top of the stock browser or independently. Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to that.

Upvote 0
And how exactly do you go about doing that???
There are apps that claim to let you do this, but from what I've read (which could be wrong) its not a real reboot, it's more like a super task killer that shuts everything down for a second, then restarts it. I don't know if it would hurt anything, but I wouldn't recommend it, and I don't really see the point.

Reactions: Scur
Upvote 0
And you know you can only use WiFi this way, right? Because you only get 3G service through your service provider. This won't just let you use your phone anywhere, only over the internet in a WiFi hotspot. As long as you have a Google Voice account, along with an app like GrooVe IP, you can make calls over the web. And Voice will let you text, too.

Reactions: NayGetMoney
Upvote 0
And you know you can only use WiFi this way, right? Because you only get 3G service through your service provider. This won't just let you use your phone anywhere, only over the internet in a WiFi hotspot. As long as you have a Google Voice account, along with an app like GrooVe IP, you can make calls over the web. And Voice will let you text, too.

I Have a google voice account and a groove ip but right now groove ip is not working t=so is there any other apps like groove ip ive also tried sipdroid , viber , gv call free

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones