• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Got splashtop working with sound over 3g

BiGMERF

Extreme Android User
Dec 2, 2009
Florida
www.google.com
Yes after being at it for about 3 hours i finally got Splashtop remote working over 3g (using 3g via hotspot on my nexus s). I followed these instructions

How do I connect to my home computer outside from home via remote network or 3G? : Splashtop Remote - Support

Make sure you follow it to a T

if you need help port forwarding with your specific, I found this useful site

Port Forwarding Guides | PcWinTech.com?

I now can access my PC remotely and play all facebook games, netflix, etc. the beauty of it all was the splashtop was only 4.99 compared to others that are 15 and up. I gave pocketcloud a try but sound was not yet possible via the Xoom. So getting the pro for 14.99 was not an option.

Now I have been looking around and cant find anything. Can someone recommend something or someway to wake my pc up remotely from outside my network from my zoom

Yes after being at it for about 3 hours i finally got Splashtop remote working over 3g (using 3g via hotspot on my nexus s). I followed these instructions

How do I connect to my home computer outside from home via remote network or 3G? : Splashtop Remote - Support

Make sure you follow it to a T

if you need help port forwarding with your specific, I found this useful site

Port Forwarding Guides | PcWinTech.com?

I now can access my PC remotely and play all facebook games, netflix, etc. the beauty of it all was the splashtop was only 4.99 compared to others that are 15 and up. I gave pocketcloud a try but sound was not yet possible via the Xoom. So getting the pro for 14.99 was not an option.

Now I have been looking around and cant find anything. Can someone recommend something or someway to wake my pc up remotely from outside my network from my zoom

Why not just keep your desktop awake all the time? If you turn off your monitor(s), there's no worry about burn-in and it is instantly ready to go.

Upvote 0
There are a number of free tools out there to wake a sleeping computer via LAN activity.
Try doing a google search for Wake On LAN. If you specifically need it for Windows 7, check there.
You will need to check your BIOS to make sure the port your network card is using is enabled for it (or the card itself if it's onboard).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones