Got the Eris yesterday and Verizon hooked me up!General

Last Updated:

1. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So went to go add a line and cancel one yesterday that way I could get the Eris cheaper. My line is the secondary and I haven't even had it for maybe six months. So I was expecting to spend 199 on the phone with a 100 back in rebate and 150 to cancel my line.

I thought this would be the cheapest way of doing it. So when I go in there yesterday the sales rep talks to his manager and tells me they are going to let me do a 1 year upgrade. I got the eris for 229 and get a 100 cash back. So I didn't have to cancel my line and I spent way less money. I love Verizon now for doing this.

Anyways I love the Eris and haven't experienced any problems with it as of yet, and will come here if I do.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. pbuckley322

pbuckley322 New Member

This is exactly what I have been trying to do! The Verizon reps I have spoken with on the phone and in the store keep resisting though. Any tips on how they allowed you to upgrade a line that was only 6 months old to the Eris? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

3. Wolfedude88

I am not really sure, all I can say is keep trying. I talked to several reps and all of them would not help me out until I went to the store. If I was you I would call again and say that a friend of yours was six months into his contract and Verizon let him do a 1 year upgrade and you wanted to do the same thing.

If the rep says no or something, hang up and try again. Usually there will be someone willing to help.

4. Wolfedude88

Also, I think it had something to do with the rep saying my phone was broken. He said well I talked to my manager and we are going to do a 1 year upgrade for you since your phone is "broken". He knew it wasn't but I think that might be why they did it though.

You could try and call Verizon and say that you don't have insurance on your phone, and it is no longer working. I believe they will help out.

5. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

What you got was a gift-horse that is rare. The manager valued customer service and helped you out but he definitely broke company policy to do so. I'd just say thanks by sending biz his way.

6. Wolfedude88

Yeah I definitely will, I have been trying to get my mom and dad to go to Verizon.

7. pbuckley322

pbuckley322 New Member

I have been playing up the broken angle, my current phone does have a few problems which they have acknowledged. Also the sales rep I purchased it from mislead me on a few features. They left me a voice mail saying are calling me tonight with some options for getting me to the Eris. So fingers are crossed they have some good news and reasonable prices. Thanks Wolfedude.

8. Wolfedude88

Hey not a problem, I hope it all works out for you. Just do me a favor and let me know how it all turns out!

9. pbuckley322

pbuckley322 New Member

I was upgraded at the one year price as well! phone is being shipped out today!
    They seem to be pretty open to upgrading early like this if you are going from dumb phone -> smart phone as long as you are persistent, bring up good points and treat the reps with respect. I would imagine the money they make off of the increased plan costs covers their loss rather quickly and many of them realize this, especially if you get to second level support.

10. Wolfedude88

Awesome, glad it worked out for you.