Got the My Photon! Where's the Hotspot?General

Last Updated:

1. eversontx

eversontx Active Member This Topic's Starter

I got my Photon at a Sprint store. I didn't have them activate it because I wanted to play with it before I activated it on my line. I currently have the EVO3D and wanted to see if I liked it before I activated it on my line.

I brought it home, connected it to my WIFI and started downloading apps and playing with the phone. However I can't find the HotSpot feature anywhere on the phone.

Is this because it's not activated and the Hotspot feature will download upon activation? or will Sprint have a software update once I activate it that will include the HotSpot feature? I currently pay for the feature so it's on my line, I just wanted to find out whats up.

Advertisement
  2. thrifty

thrifty Well-Known Member

The hot spot runs off your 4G. No activation = no hot spot.

3. eversontx

eversontx Active Member This Topic's Starter

I know that the HotSpot won't work until I activate it, I'm not stupid LOL

I was just asking where I could find the HotSpot icon to place on my home page. No worries though I found it.

4. JSchu22

JSchu22 Well-Known Member Contributor

Its there. Can anyone confirm if it will allow you to without signing up for the hotspot plan? It seems as though it does.

5. simcha

simcha Well-Known Member

Can someone test this and get back to us? It would be sweet if this were true. I'd like to save $29.99 per month.

6. JSchu22

I'll see what I can find out (if someone doesn't beat me to it) but if this is the case, I bet it's days will be numbered. Just mentioning it here may have alerted Sprint haha.

7. JSchu22

Doesn't seem to work. I was able to connect my laptop to it and the phone displayed that there was a device connected, but I aint getting' any in'ernet.

8. l1fe

l1fe Member

Fired up Hotspot, was able to connect my laptop to the device, but unable to get an IP address for 4G. I was able to connect with PdaNet and am seeing good 4G connection speeds in the NOVA area.

9. mobilebucky

mobilebucky New Member

Same here, except I actually sign up for the service. As soon as i turn on hotspot 4g is disconnected. Not impress so far.