• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Got the new update but still can't move apps to SD card properly, why???

memo357

Feb 12, 2013
Hello,

I bought my Samsung Galaxy S4 in Germany, it's the Snapdragon version and a few hours ago I got the last update (Samsung has put some new features like moving apps to SD), now it's possible to move apps to SD card but when there is nothing installed on my phone I got 9gb of free space, I installed Real Racing 3 on my device, it takes around 2gb of space, I moved to my SD card but the device still says I got 7gb free space on my internal storage, why?????

Thanks in advance

Hello,

I bought my Samsung Galaxy S4 in Germany, it's the Snapdragon version and a few hours ago I got the last update (Samsung has put some new features like moving apps to SD), now it's possible to move apps to SD card but when there is nothing installed on my phone I got 9gb of free space, I installed Real Racing 3 on my device, it takes around 2gb of space, I moved to my SD card but the device still says I got 7gb free space on my internal storage, why?????

Thanks in advance

It only moves the app, not the app data. So any data the app downloads or installs won't be moved. So sadly it's next to useless for these large games which download crap loads of data to our phones.

Also it's not a new feature to Android, it's an old feature which has been bought back by Samsung due to complaints about storage, it will save you same space but only for small apps and casual games.

Upvote 0
It only moves the app, not the app data. So any data the app downloads or installs won't be moved. So sadly it's next to useless for these large games which download crap loads of data to our phones.

Also it's not a new feature to Android, it's an old feature which has been bought back by Samsung due to complaints about storage, it will save you same space but only for small apps and casual games.

Sooo saddddd:(:(:(

Upvote 0
And pointless, since that is a tiny fraction of the total size of the apps that actually take up a lot of storage. The only people this really helps are people that use small apps and would have no problem anyway.

Unless Samsung wants this device to sell way under projections, they need to work with their retail customers to offer more size options. That will not fix their sales issues, but at least will increase sales.

That and perhaps offer a clean low bloat S4 to spare 2gb more storage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones