• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got the wireless charging system from Amazon, it won't work with my phone

Thomas S

Apr 27, 2011
Wife got it for me for Christmas. It's a replacement cover modified to work with the palm wireless charger. It is $76 which is really a ripoff even if it did work. Well yhe back cover doesn't fit and it doesn't charge the phone. There are two electrodes the stick out that get in the way of the cover closing and don't really seem to go anywhere. Just figured id let others know to save you the trouble. My wife is going to send it back of course.

Wife got it for me for Christmas. It's a replacement cover modified to work with the palm wireless charger. It is $76 which is really a ripoff even if it did work. Well yhe back cover doesn't fit and it doesn't charge the phone. There are two electrodes the stick out that get in the way of the cover closing and don't really seem to go anywhere. Just figured id let others know to save you the trouble. My wife is going to send it back of course.

What version of the Note 2 were you using this on? Have pictures?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Here's the link at Amazon:

Amazon.com: OEM Palm Touchstone Wireless Charge Dock+Grey Battery Door+Car Charger for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100: Cell Phones & Accessories

Mine is a Verizon titanium. I haven't taken any pictures of it myself. I already boxed it up to ship back.

The reason it doesn't work on your phone is because Verizon removed the wireless charging pins next to the battery. If you look at the last picture in the Amazon link where it shows the phone with the back cover off, you'll notice two gold pins to the right of the battery. Now take a look at your phone. Those two pins aren't there.

Just another way Verizon felt like giving us Note II owners a middle finger when they finally released the phone.

Upvote 0
Before you badmouth the product, a quick search (keywords: wireless charging) in these Note 2 forums would've lead you to the wireless charging thread (and many others), which would show you that the wireless charging won't work on US domestic Note 2's without modification (sadly, the Verizon Note 2 was found to not have the hidden connectors behind the plastic covering, whereas the Sprint and T-Mobile versions do):

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2/636637-wireless-charging.html

Upvote 0
The reason it doesn't work on your phone is because Verizon removed the wireless charging pins next to the battery. If you look at the last picture in the Amazon link where it shows the phone with the back cover off, you'll notice two gold pins to the right of the battery. Now take a look at your phone. Those two pins aren't there.

Just another way Verizon felt like giving us Note II owners a middle finger when they finally released the phone.

Before you badmouth the product, a quick search (keywords: wireless charging) in these Note 2 forums would've lead you to the wireless charging thread (and many others), which would show you that the wireless charging won't work on US domestic Note 2's without modification (sadly, the Verizon Note 2 was found to not have the hidden connectors behind the plastic covering, whereas the Sprint and T-Mobile versions do):

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2/636637-wireless-charging.html

Crapola. Actually, that thread is where I found the link. I guess I missed the part where it wouldn't work with Verizon note 2s.

Upvote 0
Crapola. Actually, that thread is where I found the link. I guess I missed the part where it wouldn't work with Verizon note 2s.

If you want more info, the XDA thread talks about it way more, since it's where the info got leaked that wireless charging can be made to work:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1945582&page=4

I can't seem to find the post that mentioned Verizon variant not having the connectors even hidden behind the plastic (like the Sprint version), but I guess it's up to you if you want to disassemble your phone to find out.

Reactions: Thomas S
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones