1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Got to be easier way to update apps.

Last Updated:

1. neemo6

neemo6 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have had my droid for a couple of days now, and just recently have started to get more into it. Went to the app store and noticed there was an update for a couple of the apps that I had installed. that got me wondering, what if i have a large amount of apps, I would then have to search for them individually in the store to update them! This seems like it would be a total pain. Im I just doing something wrong, like a setting or a menu im not seeing? Or is there an app that can find updates for apps that I have installed? Ive seen app managers but all fail to mention any sort of automatic updates of any kind. Please help.

Advertisement
  2. flu13

flu13 Well-Known Member

Go into the Market and click on My Downloads. It will have any apps with updates at the top labeled as "Update Available." You then just click them and select to update them.

3. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Menu > Downloads

4. neemo6

neemo6 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Awesome, thanks I knew there was something to it.

5. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

I wish there was a way to just update apps via a pop-up that had a list of available updates. You just uncheck whatever updates you don't want and click 'ok' and it does it all in the background with potentially only a single button click versus having to load the market and go through all the steps.

6. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

That would definitely be a nice feature, although sometimes I'm glad it makes me go one by one so I can read the latest comments and see if the app is still good and check the permissions it's asking for.

I guess that is really the reason, checking permissions. I know if I could update all at once I might get a little lazy about checking.

7. buddiec

buddiec Active Member

I must be missing something i get a pop up in the notification bar when app updates are availiable I swipe down it shows me which needs updating and i select it then hit update

8. bograma

bograma Member

I've used the Market feature and it works great. I updated at least 5 apps.Great.

9. fUry327

fUry327 Member

The market does actually have a notification feature built in. Go to the market - downloads and hit the menu button. Hit notifications and check to notify.

Only thing is there's no way i know of to set the check frequency. Pretty sure the defaults is every 24 hours.

10. bograma

bograma Member

Thanks,I did. There is no mention of how much time is between notifications.