• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

got two soft resets this morning

I would get them both with the stock 1.5 and with 2.1 but only when I was using taskiller and for some reason killed the wrong process.

Edit:
To avoid this you can just install autokiller and set it to aggressive or a lower setting if you like. I have had no issues with it set to aggressive though.

I was under the impression that Autokiller was only available to rooted Hero's. Is it available for stock Hero's too?

Upvote 0
what the... ??

all i did was click the back button while in the browser

*spank!*

a little instability here!

anyone else suddenly getting the htc screen?

I had it yesterday using DC 2.05. Same thing, hit the back button in the browser, and went to the white HTC screen.

My opinion is to turn off your phone and then turn it back on, because of the wake time of the phone it well solve the problem, I had the same problem when I turned off the phone everything is normal, if this don't help you sorry I at least tried.

I think you're right, a reboot will help fix it. I was getting it after an awake time of like 150 hours or so. Hasn't happened today, so that's certainly a plus :p

Upvote 0
Over the 5 months I have had the Hero this has happened a few times... No worries. Just like any PC or whatnot. If it becomes a chronic problem which won't clear I would backtrack the apps installed and begin to go through them to try and identify a problem there if it exists. But like posted... those softboots are usually cleared with a Battery pull or Power cycle.

;)

Regards,
:cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones