got two soft resets this morning

Last Updated:

1. SDscorch

SDscorch Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

what the... ??

all i did was click the back button while in the browser

*spank!*

a little instability here!

anyone else suddenly getting the htc screen?

Advertisement
  2. xbrokdikdogx

xbrokdikdogx Well-Known Member

I would get them both with the stock 1.5 and with 2.1 but only when I was using taskiller and for some reason killed the wrong process.

Edit:
    To avoid this you can just install autokiller and set it to aggressive or a lower setting if you like. I have had no issues with it set to aggressive though.

3. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

I was under the impression that Autokiller was only available to rooted Hero's. Is it available for stock Hero's too?

4. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Regardless, task killers are a bad idea unless you have rogue programs that refuse to sleep....

5. ghost203

ghost203 Member

My opinion is to turn off your phone and then turn it back on, because of the wake time of the phone it well solve the problem, I had the same problem when I turned off the phone everything is normal, if this don't help you sorry I at least tried.

6. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

I had it yesterday using DC 2.05. Same thing, hit the back button in the browser, and went to the white HTC screen.

I think you're right, a reboot will help fix it. I was getting it after an awake time of like 150 hours or so. Hasn't happened today, so that's certainly a plus :p

7. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

Over the 5 months I have had the Hero this has happened a few times... No worries. Just like any PC or whatnot. If it becomes a chronic problem which won't clear I would backtrack the apps installed and begin to go through them to try and identify a problem there if it exists. But like posted... those softboots are usually cleared with a Battery pull or Power cycle.

;)

Regards,
    :cool:

8. xbrokdikdogx

If running the RUU, it is rooted already for devs. Although it may need to be rooted using the normal method for apps to access root. Not sure since I rooted mine after installing.

9. xbrokdikdogx

You are stating an opinion here and one that many people would disagree with. Yes the OS can clear memory when needed, but it simply isn't as efficient.

10. dominicanyor

dominicanyor Well-Known Member

Yes it happend to me also one time, i did not know why it did that all and my phone was charging at the sametime when it happend.