• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Got up to 115

my elite hit 153 degrees fahrenheit, and was replaced with a one v. i am the 5th person i know of to successfully have their elite swapped for a different phone for overheating issues. with all the critical thinking going on around here, im surprised no one has put together the words class action lawsuit... or at least called virgin mobile, started a report, eventually you will have to file an fcc complaint, 3 days later antoinette robinson from sprint executive services calls and you explain (in harsh tones if need be) that the microwave radiation emitted from these devices is one thing, but to have a potential lithium-ion battery explode next to your face is unacceptable, you mention the temperature the phone is getting, and has everyone just FORGOTTEN the fact that elites SAY they are on 3g when they are really on 2g? tell her you DEMAND a different phone. its okay, no one will flame you for being upset and demanding on the phone. keep in mind it is her job to tell you no and to make the issue your fault. KEEP INSISTING and if need be ask to speak with her supervisor (yes she has one). eventually you will win, trust me, you have a very effective case. i love the one v and mine is stable all day long at 1.9 running cm 10.1 (android 4.2)

you're welcome

-J4ck

Upvote 0
pepedu7a.jpg

Upvote 0
my elite hit 153 degrees fahrenheit, and was replaced with a one v. i am the 5th person i know of to successfully have their elite swapped for a different phone for overheating issues. with all the critical thinking going on around here, im surprised no one has put together the words class action lawsuit... or at least called virgin mobile, started a report, eventually you will have to file an fcc complaint, 3 days later antoinette robinson from sprint executive services calls and you explain (in harsh tones if need be) that the microwave radiation emitted from these devices is one thing, but to have a potential lithium-ion battery explode next to your face is unacceptable, you mention the temperature the phone is getting, and has everyone just FORGOTTEN the fact that elites SAY they are on 3g when they are really on 2g? tell her you DEMAND a different phone. its okay, no one will flame you for being upset and demanding on the phone. keep in mind it is her job to tell you no and to make the issue your fault. KEEP INSISTING and if need be ask to speak with her supervisor (yes she has one). eventually you will win, trust me, you have a very effective case. i love the one v and mine is stable all day long at 1.9 running cm 10.1 (android 4.2)

you're welcome

-J4ck

I'm currently on the grandfathered plan and I would hate to lose it, but if I were able to convince them to send me a One V, would I be able to keep my current monthly rate?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones