1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Got up to 115

1. DsyMnapTic

DsyMnapTic Well-Known Member

Well I'm sure I've gotten hotter before but this is the first time I've noticed that I checked that it reached 115 while playing dungeon defenders and having the phone plugged in. I'm guessing that's probably not a good temp for the battery:D

Advertisement
    :
  2. kakapopo

kakapopo Well-Known Member

That's nothing, I got mine all the way up to 117 degrees before. Hah, I win!
  3. superluigi

superluigi Active Member

4. OptimusV123

OptimusV123 Well-Known Member

I always take the cover off if I'm charging and playing at the same time. That sucker heats up.
  5. DsyMnapTic

Yet another android feature....Egg Fryer, you should download the app for that, gives you better control of temperatures ;)
  6. snorge

snorge Well-Known Member

running your cpu at 1612 im assuming?
  7. DsyMnapTic

Yea, but I don't think that's the issue
  8. anthonypaige

anthonypaige Well-Known Member

Mine HAs actually hit 146 I just take there battery cover off s and bring the phone outside to chill off

Hall of Fame lvl. 4,6,7,8
  9. J4ckWr4th

J4ckWr4th Member

my elite hit 153 degrees fahrenheit, and was replaced with a one v. i am the 5th person i know of to successfully have their elite swapped for a different phone for overheating issues. with all the critical thinking going on around here, im surprised no one has put together the words class action lawsuit... or at least called virgin mobile, started a report, eventually you will have to file an fcc complaint, 3 days later antoinette robinson from sprint executive services calls and you explain (in harsh tones if need be) that the microwave radiation emitted from these devices is one thing, but to have a potential lithium-ion battery explode next to your face is unacceptable, you mention the temperature the phone is getting, and has everyone just FORGOTTEN the fact that elites SAY they are on 3g when they are really on 2g? tell her you DEMAND a different phone. its okay, no one will flame you for being upset and demanding on the phone. keep in mind it is her job to tell you no and to make the issue your fault. KEEP INSISTING and if need be ask to speak with her supervisor (yes she has one). eventually you will win, trust me, you have a very effective case. i love the one v and mine is stable all day long at 1.9 running cm 10.1 (android 4.2)

you're welcome

-J4ck
  10. itsthekidbigc

itsthekidbigc Well-Known Member

11. J4ckWr4th

J4ckWr4th Member

/\ - exactly.... the thermal threshold for the battery is on a sticker ON the battery and iirc is 115 degrees fahrenheit. again iirc the phone doesnt have a temp sensor for cpu, that pic is displaying the battery temp. i would have mine replaced ( i DID have mine replaced)
  12. superluigi

superluigi Active Member

I'm currently on the grandfathered plan and I would hate to lose it, but if I were able to convince them to send me a One V, would I be able to keep my current monthly rate?
  13. M0NSTER

M0NSTER Well-Known Member

Playing dungeon defenders on the phone? how? temple run 2 lags on my elite.
  14. Dark One

Dark One Well-Known Member Contributor

You could try changing your governor to interactive or performance. If you use performance make sure you remember to change it back when you're done because it locks your processor at its max speed.