got update and batteryGeneral

Last Updated:

1. remted

remted New Member This Topic's Starter

Received my update this morn. Also, I Got this Eris right after XMas and called Verizon to complain about poor battery life The phone rep said they'd be glad to send out a replacement at no charge as it is within the 30 days. Got it along with a return label to send the
    original back. I'm not sure I wanna send it back.
    What's the group think? Send it back or not?

Advertisement
  2. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

If everything is functioning properly then keep it.

3. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

I sent my first Eris back because of the battery, then realized the battery was draining because of poor signal. If you go to a location without any bars or 1 bar (even if you can make a call and text) you will kill your battery fast. I mean fast! The Eris battery relies on a strong signal.

The only way I can save battery when the signal is low is to turn off mobile network.

edit: fortunately, i have strong signal at home. however, i've been out with friends and had a weak signal (friends w/LG's had decent signals). My biggest complaint is the inconsistency in getting good strength.

4. arock

arock Well-Known Member

I would say send it back. Reason being is that if they handle it anything like the over the phone warranty exchanges for cell phones, they will charge you full retail for it on your next bill.