gotomypc / java problemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. larryndana04

larryndana04 New Member

Can install gotomypc app, market says it's not compatible with the nook color. Not sure if this is just a problem with the device showing as a nook or not having Java. Anyone have any ideas?

Also tried 3 different jbed zips, couldn't get Java to install, not sure what I'm doing wrong!

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. larryndana04

larryndana04 New Member

No one?
  3. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

If I used gotomypc I would have commented. :D

A 7" screen to control my computer... not something I'd attempt, not even with a 10".

You don't say if you're using CM7 or stock rooted rom, running on emmc/sdcard or any rom versions.

If Market doesn't work there's Amazon's store app (an other similar apps) so really no good reason you can't get software to install unless you aren't in the US. Versions of CM7 older than 7.1 had market issues due to the dpi not being 160.

As for jbed zips.... most of us won't know that if it sat on our face and wiggled. :D
  4. larryndana04

larryndana04 New Member

Thanks for the reply!!

I agree, it wouldn't be my first choice, but my wife uses gotomypc for her work sometimes and its easier to pick up the nook or bring it with her.

Cm7, SD card, 7.1

Might look into Amazon's app store.

Jbed is I guess to install Java, honestly a friend just googled it and said that would work.

Think it could be a dpi issue? I read about it, but didn't think so!
  5. koopakid08

koopakid08 Well-Known Member

About the market issue: you should have your dpi set to 160. This is the default in CM7.1 STABLE and later anything before that release has the old 161 dpi and will have market issues. What is the exact version of CM that you are using?