• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gotta Noob question about VZW customer support.

STeVe7320

Nov 12, 2010
Pembroke, Ga
So today I was talking on the phone, nothing out of the ordinary. I started noticing the speaker crackling, not terrible but not good. Can I expect it to get worse? I plan on going to the local Verizon store SOON, and I just wanna know what to expect. Got the phone in November so I'm good on warranty rite? They just determine its screwed and mail a replacement?
Don't know if it matters but I got the phone at Best Buy. But my protection plan is Verizon.

So today I was talking on the phone, nothing out of the ordinary. I started noticing the speaker crackling, not terrible but not good. Can I expect it to get worse? I plan on going to the local Verizon store SOON, and I just wanna know what to expect. Got the phone in November so I'm good on warranty rite? They just determine its screwed and mail a replacement?
Don't know if it matters but I got the phone at Best Buy. But my protection plan is Verizon.

If it is a bad speaker, yes it will only get worse. If it was reception, then no. ;)
You should be good with a warranty. Don't let them try to get you to use your insurance. They should just send you a replacement. There shouldn't be any hassle. Unless...
You're stock (not rooted) right? If you're rooted, you need to unroot first before showing it to any rep.

Reactions: STeVe7320
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones