1. Good things coming in just a couple hours, stay tuned!
    Dismiss Notice

Gotta say, this irritates me.General

Last Updated:

1. matt88si

matt88si Well-Known Member

So I'm looking over the design of the Electrify and realized...

Why the hell would they put the charging port on the same side that the phone rests on while in kickstand mode?

I mean, seriously, I would like to charge my phone while its propped up on the kickstand at night for the clock.

Technically, I could stand it vertically, but that just defeats the purpose and can cause the phone to fall over (and possibly break).

Anyone else a little PO'd about this design (flaw)?

edit: Yes, I know about the docking station for the phone and that it can charge off of that, but this post is in regards to the design of the phone.

Advertisement
  2. kmf

kmf Well-Known Member

Yes, it does not make sense. The kickstand will support the phone with the USB/HDMI ports facing up, but not quite the same angle or strength of support. I guess that the designers assumed that the users would only make use of the kickstand while on battery power. Go figure.
  3. matt88si

matt88si Well-Known Member

It's probably a ploy to force those who plan to get every ounce of juice out of their phones to go and buy the HD Station (which I found to go for about 80$ at the cheapest).

Of course, if I get a little extra money, I'm going to buy it, but still.
  4. krusej23

krusej23 Member

Just flip it over and the stand does support it's weight the other way. Not really a big deal I don't think.
  5. okcjeeptech

okcjeeptech Member

Do some research and you will see that it is designed that way because it is added support for whe. It is plugged into the dock (either HD or mobile) as well as into the laptop that you can get for this fone, it is called the lapdock and it runs 249-ish