GPRS/EDGE not working for 1.6.3.4

Last Updated:

1. Leockyen

Leockyen Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

Just installed Galaxo 1.6.3.4, everything works great, except that gprs/edge capabilities seem to be switched off?? They used to work before the root. I can use wifi, but cannot get any data traffic outside wifi areas.

Help!

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. weasel

weasel Well-Known Member

Did you check your APN settings ?

3. Leockyen

Sorry I am a total rookie, how does one do that? (check APN setting). What is APN? Thanks!

4. cagefighter

cagefighter Member

APN settings are located in Menu > Wireless Controls > Mobile Network Settings > Access Point Names

you should see your service provider there with a highlighted circle indicating that that is your APN. now, if you don't have one, there are plenty of threads on here and throughout a search engine (or just call your provider to get the APN details). if you don't see anything on that APN screen, hit menu and then "New APN"

good luck and that should be the fix. i had the same problem when i did the upgrade too and was crapping my pants until i found out why.

5. Lelouch

Lelouch Well-Known Member

I also didn't have it (APN settings) in the previous versions of nightly build, but in the recent one it magical appeared. How weird was that?

Anyway like cagefighter wrote, you should input APN settings manually. Try asking your provider via calling them or sending them SMS.

6. Leockyen

THANK YOU so much, found the APN setting page and it worked.

thanks again!

7. htapal

htapal New Member

I have recently upgraded to the latest version of Android on my HTC Desire. Since then the GPRS service is not working. I took my phone to the service provider and they tried with the APN settings. The Mobile Network option in Wireless & Networks is grayed out and the message say turning on. Can someone help?