• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GPS app does not require mobile data

morph1

Lurker
Aug 3, 2012
Hi all ,

first post here,

Just wondering if there is a GPS app that does not require mobile data...,
I used to own a Garmin unit for my truck and it worked great without data plan .....
Is there an app that will work like that ??
someone at work mentioned a "CoPilot" .... any thoughts ?

any answer would be greatly appreciated.

thanks folks.

I use both Sygic & CoPilot & in no way is Sygic behind in anything, they both have their pros & cons. IMO, Sygic has MUCH better graphics for maps & 3D view, & IME the GPS syncs with maps more accurately more often than CoPilot. Also the Sygic display info is better for me. A con to Sygic is that it uses 100% of the screen. I purchased CP first but on sale. To do it all over, now I would buy Sygic first & I use it the most, but I keep up with & sometimes use CP too. Navigon gets good reviews, Route 66 is also very nice but only offers one map purchase, though it is the world, so a bit more expensive to start but cheaper if you need more than one country. There is also iGo, Waze & many others. A forum search may bring up more threads to help as this is a very commonly asked question.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones