1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Gps App

Last Updated:

1. Wiskid

Wiskid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm looking for an app that can make a gps waypoint on a map. For instance, if I'm out on a lake, and want to mark a good fishing spot. Or if I'm out on a hike and want to mark a waypoint of a spot with a sweet view... from what i can see, Google maps doesn't allow waypoint markings. I have fishing buddy, but I want somethin simpler.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Since you are using an HTC Sense enabled device why not just use footprints. That is what I use and it will save the address or the actual GPS coordinates for you of just about any location, with pictures and a description that you attach to it.

3. RawlingsSc

RawlingsSc Well-Known Member Contributor

Backcountry Navigator can do this, and the offline topo maps are nice when out in the wild with no signal.

4. Wiskid

Wiskid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, I've used Footprints in the past. I suppose it is the best solution. Do you know what you can import the .kmz (footprints export file) files into?

5. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I've never tried to do that so I am not really sure. I know that google earth uses kml so there may be something there, but I'm not sure.

6. manderle

manderle Well-Known Member

Try MyTracks. It will record your entire journey and allow you to mark waypoints. The saved track can then be sent to Google maps or exported to either .gpx or .kml files.