Gps apps cant find me

Last Updated:

1. dyson

dyson Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have installed several apps that us gps, fandango and weather bug elite to name a few
    but when it tries to us teh gps to find where i am and set my location it can never find me any ideas why that is?

Advertisement
  2. Trapper

Trapper Member

try making sure that you are in a open view of the sky, maybe walk outside and hold the phone to the sky as it is trying to get a gps lock. If not make sure on your phone settings that you have gps enabled.

3. RoboPhoneII

RoboPhoneII Active Member

I have a similar problem. Along with a WIFI problem. Customer service told me to return the phone.

4. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

I just got a new SIM card from TMO and location is working much better than before.

5. chadmd23

Ok, I spoke too soon. The new SIM has helped a little bit, but I still get a location of Lake Tahoe (I'm in NYC) once in a while.

6. RoboPhoneII

I'm in the NYC area also. Native NYCer. My phone had probs with GPS in the being. The GPS system is A-GPS. It uses the cell towers to assist along with the GPS satellites in the GPS location functions. With out proper mobile signal strength, GPS becomes problematic. How is your mobile signal strength when you do the self locating function of an app?

7. chadmd23

I'm having problems with 3G location (not sat GPS) even at full strength signal. When I force EDGE, it works fine.

8. RoboPhoneII

Sounds like a 3G issue. Which is weird Manhattan is full of T-Mobile (and any other carrier) 3G. I know personally. How long have you had this specific phone activated?

9. chadmd23

I got the phone in December. I really thought the new SIM card was going to fix it (since my old card was a few years old from a 2G phone), but I still get the wrong location sometimes.