GPS bugSupport

Last Updated:

1. Guardian

Guardian Active Member This Topic's Starter

Today my droid x has been telling me that I am in NY when I actually live in pittsburgh pa. I have all the gps options on and its still inaccurate. The gps icon is actually slowly moving across the state as if it where a plane...

Can anyone help? I already rebooted...

Edit: Now I cannot even find a location. This blows.

Advertisement
  2. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Im not sure i know some people were having this problem on their inc's i personally cant help i never had this issue. Did you try calling verizon?

3. unknowndroid

unknowndroid Well-Known Member

Are you connected via WiFi? Sometimes that can throw you off, especially if you have a router that has moved with you from another location. Try turning off everything EXCEPT GPS Satellite and see of that makes a difference.

4. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Yep, +1: turn off / on the GPS and this should fix you up. Had a friend with an Evo (okay, its still an Android device :D) who had this problem a few weeks ago and turning off/on the GPS fixed it. Cheers!

5. bushor

bushor Active Member

When I'm at work we have a network booster and it shows me in westport, ct rather than south eastern ct... But this is only inside the building. Not sure if you or maybe someone in a close proximity could be affecting you in a similar fashion... Just a shot...

Guardian likes this.