GPS+Car Charger = Battery Drain?Support

Last Updated:

1. dgold82

dgold82 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So this weekend was my first real world test using the GPS turn by turn for a long car ride (about an hour). I had everything all set plugged in and started the music player (not Pandora) running in the background while the GPS was displaying on the screen. I also had the bluetooth synced to the car. To my surprise, the battery started to drain. It was pretty slow but after about an hour around 5-10% of the battery drained even while plugged in.

Do you think it is my after market car charger from monoprice (For only $1.46 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Motorola V8, V9 Series Car Charger for RAZR2 | Motorola It has been working great in the car for about 2 weeks with Pandora playing and bluetooth.

Anyone else experiencing battery drain while plugged in the car using GPS? I think I read someone having a similar situation but with the Verizon charger. I am also using the stock battery. If not, please let me know which car charger you are using with a link if possible. I can't continue using this one if there is one out there that will keep me charged in the car. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

It is definitely your charger. I have had this problem with the cheap charger that I got from Amazon, then I returned and bought a better one, problem solved. =)

3. dgold82

dgold82 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well that is good news (bummer for the 1.78+shipping lost on the charger though). Can you recommend a good charger that is not insanely expensive like the verizon one?

Thanks!