Gps conked outSupport

Last Updated:

1. gbenj

gbenj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

In the car, the gps worked fine de the trip TO where I was going, but it hasnt been working at all on the way back. No lock at all.

Only thing I can think that I may have done to it between then and now is killed a "shopsavvy" process while I was in the supermarket because it was trying to get a lock while i was inside...could i have done something to it?

Any ideas what i could try to fix?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. drhill

drhill Well-Known Member

Rule #1. Don't kill apps unless they are freaking out.

Try turning off the phone and turning it back on. If you don't want shop savvy to get a fix just disable that option in preferences.

3. gbenj

gbenj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for that rule, I will follow it from now on after having to do a factory reset to get gps back up and running.

I tried restarting, removing battery for a few min, uninstalling applications that used gps, installed some test ones to see if it was using sats at all, which it wasn't, spent a few minutes on the phone with VZW tech support, no help, and she recommended factory reset.

next time I have to do a hard reset though, I will be more careful about backing up my data, took me a while to get my list of apps back on the phone...

Thanks anyway