GPS Controlled Ringer?Support

Last Updated:

1. wskunz

wskunz New Member This Topic's Starter

What I am looking for is an app that will set the ringer to silent or vibrate based on GPS location. Such as, when I arrive at work, the phone goes silent, when I leave it goes back to normal, when I got to church, system goes silent.

Of course I understand you would have to initialize each of these locations for a set ringer behavior.

I thought I remember hearing about such an app, any help will be appreciated.

Bill

Advertisement
  2. xmnj

xmnj Active Member

Locale is one of the apps, it's $10, and you can set different types of scenarios.

Locale developer website: Locale for Android

3. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

Try an app called "Settings Profile" I am having better success with it over Locale and it is a lot cheaper.

It's not always perfect but it's usually fine.

necosino likes this.
  4. MrTissues

MrTissues Well-Known Member

Here is another: Tasker

Still in beta but IMO the best of the bunch. It can use the Locale plugins that apps have, while Tasker itself is just better overall than Locale. The developer provides great support and is very active in the forums. Settings Profile is okay but it does not have plugin support at all.

5. kta

kta Member

merkidemis likes this.
  6. merkidemis

merkidemis New Member

Chronos is even cheaper still!

7. zurloid

zurloid Active Member

I've written a little app that can change the phone's settings according to your location. It will use GPS if this is switched on, if not it will get a (less accurate) location from the cell network. Currently it supports the following settings:

WiFi (on/off)
    WiFi (SSID)
    WiFi (static ip or DHCP)
    Bluetooth (on/off)
    Vibrate (on/off)
    Ringtone
    Ringer volume

There's a lite version called "LocationBotLite" which allows 2 saved locations (e.g. work and home), an unrestricted version should be in the Android market within a few days. You can also download it from this URL:

LocationBot

8. DavidG68

DavidG68 New Member

For instance if I am with one of my FWB's (Friends with Benefits) at her home can i have it set so only my children or other select contacts can ring and others are silent? Can I also set them for the same type of scheme during certain times and dates?