GPS doesn't turn offSupport

Last Updated:

1. zyrzox

zyrzox Member This Topic's Starter

Greetings -

I usually keep my GPS disabled until I need it. When I do turn it on and launch a GPS app (Google Maps, GPS Speedometer, etc.) it works normally and I see the GPS icon appear. However, when I stop using a GPS app and turn GPS back off, the icon still shows the GPS as being active and the only way I have found to clear it is to reboot the phone.

Anyone else having this problem on their Hero?

Cheers,

-Z-

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sounds like the Program which is using the GPS is still open after you exit. Try this:

Download a Task killer type app like "Free Advanced task Killer" and Using it , Kill the app which is using GPS. I would recommend advanced task killer because it has a nifty widget which is one touch to kill the apps. Task killers/ Managers is definitely an app everyone should have.

Carl C ;)

3. zyrzox

zyrzox Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you for the suggestion.

I guess I should've mentioned that there are no GPS-based apps open on any task list (Task Panel or TasKiller) when this happens. The Location settings show the GPS is turned off but the icon continues to blink merrily away...and I've waited patiently, thinking it just might take a while to gracefully shut down, but it doesn't go away until I reboot.

Thanks,

-Z-

4. TerrBear

TerrBear Well-Known Member

Sprint Navigator seems to be the problem on mine. If the GPS icon is present, I open Sprint Navigator and then exit to turn the icon off.

This happens even if I have not opened Sprint naviagator at all that day.

Seems random.