• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GPS fix in a few seconds then spot on accuracy

I've surfed for months & found bits of what works for me to fix this, but never found all of this together:

I get GPS fix in 5 to 10 seconds outdoors & often indoors by doing the following (I suggest you write down your original settings so you can reset things when not using Sat Nav or other GPS dependent apps):

- menu - Settings - Location (switch GPS on & Wireless networks off)

- menu - Settings - Wireless & networks (switch Wi-fi & Mobile network off)

- menu - Settings - Wireless & networks - Mobile networks - Access Point Names (make sure there is an entry with your network provider name & default,supl underneath it. Create a new entry if this doesn't exist. Highlight this entry)

- Start GPS Status (it's free from the Market) you should get a very quick GPS fix.

- In my case Locations & Premium Navigation work smoothly & with spot on accuracy now.

If this proves useful to others it would be great if a developer with the right skills could write a widget to do this!

Hope it helps some of you,

David

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones