1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

GPS - I found an app that fixes it!!Tips

1. BillArf

BillArf Well-Known Member

This thread was bastardized / hijacked so I deleted the content of this post..

Advertisement
    :
    zoxxo likes this.
  2. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

Or you can just flash the leaked 215 that works perfectly and avoid paying for an app that is most likely a gimmick.

Idk what this app does, but gps status app can delete aGPS data and re download it, and it's free. But it warns that it will only speed it up for a few days.

215 locks within seconds, all day everyday
  3. BillArf

BillArf Well-Known Member

Thread was bastardized / hijacked so I deleted the content of this post...
  4. carracerz14

Are you rooted? There is a file you can place in your system folder with root explorer that will fix the gps. It's the same one that 215 uses. But if you're not rooted then you can't use it
  5. razrclive

razrclive Well-Known Member

I have had no problems at all with GPS after ICS update but my phone is not rooted I updated OTA when it was offered. Maybe by waiting for the official update the problems were fixed.
  6. carracerz14

The official update is 211. I am on 215, so it's newer than the ota. It makes no difference waiting for it opposed to flashing a leak, as the ics leak was the same as the ota before it was released
  7. jwgraves62

jwgraves62 Well-Known Member

What file are you referring to? I'm rooted and would be willing to copy any files over to fix this problem. Can't believe Motorola has allowed one of the most useful benefits of this phone (GPS) to be be ruined with their latest update.
  8. carracerz14

Let me find it for you :thumbup:
    euph_22 likes this.
  9. carracerz14

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4h63hw30agbosdz/gps.conf

Use root explorer or something similar to put in system/etc. Make sure you name the old file gps.conf.bak and set the permissions as rw-r--r--

They obviously realized their mistake because this is the gps file that came on the leaked 215 and many roms use it because it locks in within seconds. Like 1-2 seconds no joke

Credit goes to the guys at droidrazr.com
    euph_22 and Kelmar like this.
  10. rnh

rnh Active Member

Carracerz, exactly how do you find the gps file and replace it. if
    if you could, go step by step or direct me to a tutorial that explains it because I've never done that procedure before. Thanks
  11. carracerz14

Are you rooted?
  12. rnh

rnh Active Member

yes, on .85; files in internal and external sd cards but there doesn't appear to be any files in the rooted section of es file explorer. It says empty folder when I press the phone or home at the top.
  13. carracerz14

Whoa why are you on 85? And did you check the root browser settings in es?
  14. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

I was having terrible GPS connectivity. Until I installed this. I just checked Google Maps, and it found me in my office in a quite large/overbuilt building in 2 seconds down to my office. Thanks for sharing.
    carracerz14 likes this.
  15. rnh

rnh Active Member

I'm on .85 because it still suppports adobe flash.
  16. rnh

rnh Active Member

I'm using 85 because it still suppports adobe flash and I use that plus hdmi out and this combination isn't supported on any rom. And ES file explorer is root enabled. I've done that many times before.
  17. carracerz14

Flash is still supported on 4.0.x. It works fine for me in 215 and so does hdmi. But whatever.
    Are you looking I'm system/etc? If you are then I would try a different root browser. I use root explorer and it worked fine.
  18. carracerz14

Just tried it in es, worked fine all the files showed up so I'm not sure what you're doing wrong.
  19. rnh

rnh Active Member

thankd
  20. zoxxo

zoxxo Well-Known Member

Thanks Bill!

You've posted information before about GPS, which have all been very helpful!

It turns out that I bought GPS Test Plus at one of Google's ten cent sales and then I forgot about it. I went from locking in to GPS in 1.5 minutes to under 10 seconds!

All I can say is: you rock!