GPS Icon and Google Maps

Last Updated:

1. cavitating

cavitating Active Member This Topic's Starter

Since updating google maps last Friday, my GPS icon goes on all the time and my battery seems to drain faster. I cannot shut it off except to cycle the power on my phone.

Anyone else notice this?

Advertisement
  2. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

installed 4 today, haven't seen the issue on my phone, have opened and closed several times have restarted and done a bat pull since the install and its still not doing it, maybe uninstall and reinstall to see if something just glitched on ya

wait do you mean while GM is open?

3. cavitating

No, I exit out of GM and the GPS Icon goes away, but within a few minutes it comes back on with the green bars blinking, and I cannot shut it off, even if I go into airplane mode.

It doesn't do this every time, and I am testing to see if it only occurs after I have GM on for a specific amount of time, and it only started to happen after I downloaded the multi-touch GM update last week. I updated to GM4 yesterday, but it is still happening.

Also, I have not joined latitude.

4. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

Menu-settings-applications-running services. See what is running.

5. The Third

The Third Active Member

I had the same problem. I called Verizon who transferred me to Motorola. They gave me a number to Google. I never called it and I have since lost it. The problem I had went a way actually.They sent me some some of ota I think. Then again I am not sure. I suggest you remove battery and try that. I do not know how or why it stopped but it did.

6. cavitating

GTalkservice, Keyboard, Bluetooth.

7. bebegrl

bebegrl Active Member

That happened to me too. I noticed that the browser was using my location. I had it set to NO but it changed for some reason. I turned it off and it hasn't happened since.

From the browser > settings > select NO to "allow use of device location".

8. mikeloveta

mikeloveta New Member

I was having the same problem then I noticed I had put a weather widget on my home page. I think that was the problem, at least mine seems to have stoped.