• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GPS is dead

natanvm

Sep 9, 2011
Hi everyone,

I own a droid 3 and use it in Israel
For the past month i tracked runs with the standalone gps, and suddenly it stopped working.
I have tried everyhting:SBF to stock, solving the problem with apps:faster fix, gps status, gps test, tried different tracking apps, restarts, widgets.

also, when i toggle gps on on ht e power widget the gps symbol does not appear on the top of the screen, but when i use the gps status app, the symbol appears but there is no lock.

Can anyone offer a solution or do I have to try to return the phone to verizon wireless?

I know this does not make any sense, however turn on all the location services AND THE WIRELESS NETWORK.

For some reason, my D3, my wifes and two of my friends started having the GPSr start being off by miles or not recognized at all about a month or so ago. When I happened to use it while the network was turned on, it worked.

Does not make any sense and VZW can not figure it out, but 4 phones? try it.

Reactions: natanvm
Upvote 0
My D3 went through a period where GPS would not turn on and navigation, latitude, etc all error-ed out or sat in endless loop waiting. What worked for me was going into airplane mode and when coming out, I then found turning GPS on in menu-settings instead of widget brought it back and have had no problem since.

YMMV, best of luck.

Reactions: natanvm
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones