GPS issue with rooted phone

Last Updated:

1. supermancs

supermancs Member This Topic's Starter

Since I rooted and flashed fresh 1.1 my gps hasn't worked properly.

When I open Google maps, it shows my location over a large area as if my gps is disabled but its not. Thr icon even flashes as if its getting gps signal but it won't pinpoint my position.

Anyone else have this issue? I flashed gumbo last night and the same issue existed.

Advertisement
  2. aauussttiinn88

aauussttiinn88 Well-Known Member

Just rooted, flashed fresh 1.1 , and gumbos (AWSOME) kernal and i have the same exact problem, hopefully with time the dev will figure it out or something, have you tried sprint navigation?? im curious to see if it throws that off as well

3. joshpdavis80

joshpdavis80 Active Member

My Google maps is off and my gps does not seem to be working. I have fresh 1.1 and gumbo. Is this a common problem?

4. Robchaos

Robchaos Well-Known Member

GPS, google maps, google tracks, and sprint navigation all seem to be functional for me. Are you inside while trying to get a fix? If you don't have a clear sky view the app will approximate your location using triangulation. When I am inside google maps gives me my location within 1000 meters. once i set foot outside it gives me my pinpoint location to within 8m

5. rjrivero

rjrivero Member

I just rooted my Hero, and the Sprint Nav app is giving me a Force Close. Any fix on this?

Edit: Interesting. The Nav app will work if you manually turn on the GPS first. The "pop up screen" that reviews the status of the GPS locks for some reason.

6. Robchaos

Robchaos Well-Known Member