GPS IssueSupport

Last Updated:

1. Tino

Tino Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am having a problem with my Desire's GPS, I am running the official Orange 2.2 Update and ever since the update my Desire won't pick up my GPS location. It displays the GPS icon in the notification bar but whenever I use Maps or Navigation (Google) it constantly displays 'Searching for GPS'.

This is my 2nd Desire as I lost my original, and I do not remember even trying the GPS before the update (due to it being so close to the update release), so I don't know if it is the update or a fault. I would like to know if anyone else has had an issue with this, I know Voda had a similar issue with their update, and how you fixed it. I have tried removing the battery, SIM and SD card but I haven't tried a factory reset yet. I am also wondering if there is a debranded ROM I can flash without rooting in which I could revert back to the original if I needed to send it back to HTC. I am pretty sure this device is SLCD as I can notice the difference from my original AMOLED model.

If you need any more information land I'd be happy to give.

Thanks for your time and help!

:)

Advertisement
  2. AjUK

AjUK New Member

I had the same - fixed it by uninstalling google maps updates and then reinstalled. I downloaded GPS status first just to make sure and that got a lock very quickly.
    Alex

Tino likes this.
  3. Das_Jeeb

Das_Jeeb Well-Known Member

My Desire seems to be slower getting a GPS lock after updating to FroYo so i'll try that GPS States and see if it improves at all. Can be annoying having to stand about in the cold for a couple of minutes to get a lock before going for a run.

4. Tino

Thanks, I've tried this with no luck, any other ideas? I thought maybe it could be Lookout, but I have force closed it and still nothing.

5. AjUK

AjUK New Member

Did GPS Status also fail or was it just Google Maps?

6. Tino

GPS Status can't get a lock either.

7. casarosa

casarosa Well-Known Member

I had a lot of trouble getting GPS so unistalled google maps the did a fresh install everything then was OK but had to reboot the phone as well

8. Tino

Still having a problem with this. When I get a bigger/faster SD card I think I'll try rooting and flashing a custom ROM anyway. Quite fancy trying LeeDroid