GPS Issues. Never gotten a fix.Support

Last Updated:

1. strra

strra Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my moment from sprint yesterday and it came with 1.5 on it. later on, i put 2.1 on it.
    but since i've gotten it, i've never once gotten a GPS fix on it. i've stood outside and froze for at least 15 minutes with nada.
    i've heard that there are aGPS issues so i've disabled that, but still nothing. google maps tells me "your location is temporarily unavailable" and weatherbug fails to get a fix every time. Same with GPS Status.

does anyone have ideas to point me in the right direction?

btw, i've searched but "GPS" is too short to search for, unforunately

Advertisement
  2. momentoid

momentoid Well-Known Member

When I moved to Moment, I was switched from my previous Power-pack on Sprint to the new Everything Data plan. I used to get messages similar to yours with the earlier plan. Couple of things:
    1. Update the PRL and Profile.
    2. Give it a day for your account to be set-up on the Sprint end and you should call Sprint to follow-up.

3. strra

strra Member This Topic's Starter

i did what you said and (maybe by coincidence?) the GPS connected in GPS Status with 4/4 satellites, but still no go in google maps :( i don't get it

4. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

From what I can tell, the "leaked" 2.1 lacks the aGPS fix from the cl14 update. My guess (hope) is it will be in the official 2.1 update whenever that comes out.

5. AlkiDweller

AlkiDweller Well-Known Member

From time to time I have the same issue. For me, rebooting the phone always fixes it.

6. jasonamd

jasonamd Well-Known Member

The fix is there...without gps google maps shows me within a few blocks of my location just like in the cl14 update and not some other country like the initial release of the phone. With gps on my location is right on.

7. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

GPS always works fine on my Moment. I don't have the 2.1 update either.

8. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

I have trouble getting sprint navigation to work. The gps tries to get the route but fails to work. I even tried it with wifi on. I did it in an open environment like it told me to.

9. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

My GPS worked great BEFORE the Cl14 update....now it is spotty at best.... If I turn the GPS off the aGPS gets me to within a few hundred feet of my location.....FWIW. GPS almost never gets a lock unless I am outside and even then it is spotty.