gps issues today?

Last Updated:

1. crackers8199

crackers8199 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i originally posted this in the radio thread, but after finding this on twitter:

Twitter / Josh Fleischmann: Fixed froyo/incredible gps ...

...i thought maybe i should post it here because it might be a bigger issue. i upgraded my radio to 9.01 last night, and this morning found that while standing still my gps location is off by a good bit (2-3 city blocks, small town). when moving it seems to be much more accurate, but as soon as i stop it's way off again...

i downgraded back to the official 2.15 radio to see if that would fix it, but it didn't...the issues persisted. so i tried the fix above from twitter...that got it a little closer, but i'm still off by a block or two.

anyone having problems today, or have any ideas how to fix this?

Advertisement
  2. crackers8199

crackers8199 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

oddly enough, upgrading back to the 9.01 radio after doing the twitter fix (unmount gps, power off, remove battery) seems to have fixed it...either that or it randomly fixed itself. very strange...

3. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

I upgraded to 9.01 earlier this morning and no issues with GPS. Pinpoints the exact room I'm in.

4. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

I was having a problem with GPS being off in one of Google's apps the other day but in another of their apps it was right on the money. Kinda weird.

5. elborak

elborak Well-Known Member

They're degrading the civilian GPS signal in preparation for the upcoming invasion of North Korea. At least that's what my Magic Eight Ball told me.

6. Spart

Spart Well-Known Member

Mine has been off a few blocks since I upgraded and haven't found a solution yet either.

7. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

I just rechecked and when I run latitude it shows me on the map to be about a half block from where I am, but if I go into street view I am directly in the street in front of my house and when I go into navigation it gives directions correctly from my actual location. I am on the 9.01 radio btw.

8. smurfe

smurfe Well-Known Member

Mine has been funky the past couple weeks. For a few days it wouldn't work at all for any location based app. It would just show the location where I turned my phone on at but if I would open Google maps it would show my exact location. If I used a location based app like Four Square, it might be a mile or so off. My weather app would never update locations. Then all of a sudden it started working a few days just fine. I haven't changed anything on my phone for a while.