Gps Issues?Support

1. monkeyboy_33

monkeyboy_33 New Member

Just wondering if anyone is having any trouble with the Gps. I currently have CRAPtivate (and yes i know its spelled wrong). Looking to upgrade to this phone, but not wanting to go through the same headaches i have been going through the last few months with this phone....

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Advertisement
  2. Jeremy81

Jeremy81 Well-Known Member

I used mine around town yesterday and it works extremely well. If fact it reroutes and loads maps quicker and better than any of the other Android phones I've used. It also seems very accurate.
    monkeyboy_33 likes this.
  3. s.m.knipe

s.m.knipe Well-Known Member

The Atrix is worlds apart from the Craptivate (ha! Swype recognized that) in every way. As someone who made the same jump, I can tell you the GPS is 1000% + better.
    monkeyboy_33 likes this.
  4. EZMorris31

EZMorris31 Member

I tested the GPS on my way to work this morning. It works so much better than my old crapberry.
  5. Erick161

Erick161 Active Member

have had a few issues. For instance, while using the speed app, it thinks im in KS. Not a big deal i suppose.

First time i opened maps yesterday, it should be as being down the block on another street. Last night it showed i was about 1/2 mile away. I hope it was that i had the GPS turned off. So, we shall see if it messes up.
  6. monkeyboy_33

monkeyboy_33 New Member

Thanks for the info. I think I have finally made up my mind. Only bad part is I have to wait until March for my upgrade:(
  7. Czarcat

Czarcat Well-Known Member

I also came from a Captivate. The GPS on the ATRIX is outstanding so far. It's so nice to see the map update when I've made a turn.

Also, the ATRIX always keeps me on the street. I'm no longer driving through people's houses and such. :p
  8. Simba501

Simba501 Well-Known Member

The Atrix's GPS is STELLAR. The best GPS I've ever seen on a phone (aside from the iPhone's GPS, which was excellent) and I've had A LOT of phones . . .
  9. pinbak

pinbak Well-Known Member

I think just about any phone that can put you on the correct continent will be better than the captivate's GPS!! :D My Captivate just plain right out did NOT work period! Even after using the cog rom. It just was horrible!!
  10. HyperM3

HyperM3 Well-Known Member

I use foursquare a lot and this phone finds where I am slightly faster than on my N1. Very happy with the GPS....now if the wifi would only stay connected....
  11. dsjr2006

dsjr2006 Well-Known Member

Well it's not a Samsung so it should be relatively trouble free
  12. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Yea...I think this pretty much sums it up.....lol

I hope Samsung learned or listened to complaints last year.
  13. Karl_Tx

Karl_Tx Well-Known Member

I too got rid of my craptivate for the Atrix and now when I use my GPS I get all warm and fuzzy inside. I tried it with a speedometer program....awesome. I tried it inside and guess what.....my correct address using "where am I". No....no gps issues now.:D
  14. chicknlil

chicknlil Well-Known Member

The GPS will be off a bit if you have the 'use wireless locations' box checked. If you let it just use the regular GPS, you should find it to be much more accurate. But the GPS on this is head and shoulders above the Captivate, even with all the "fixes" out there that made the Captivate somewhat tolerable.
  15. Simba501

Simba501 Well-Known Member

Lol, i did too