GPS Issues?

Last Updated:

1. Cadamus

Cadamus Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I am having some problems with my GPS in my Hero. After a while it seems to no longer accurately give me my location. Either the application (trapster and Sprint Nav) won't be able to find me or will have no idea where I am. They sometimes put me somewhere I know I am not.

This mostly happens in my car, so it isn't like I am inside a building. Granted when I first got the phone (I have had it about a month and a half) the GPS even seemed to work indoors. This issue mostly seemed to start about 2-3 weeks ago.

To fix the problem, I need to often turn off the GPS for a few minutes, and turn it back on. Sometimes I have to do this a few times.

Any ideas? Is there something I can tweak? Could this be an issue with the phone?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

At times my GPS icon wont even show up on the screen. Then when Im using Sprint Nav., the GPS takes to long to find my location. I also get a error message that tells me to go outside to get a better connection and I will already be in my car.

3. oldjackbob

oldjackbob Well-Known Member

There was one time when my GPS said the same thing to me too, and I was already outside. I just turned the phone off then back on, and I haven't had the problem since.
    I posted elsewhere that once in awhile my phone will start to misbehave if there is a lot of stuff (apps) running in memory and available remaining memory is getting low. I just use an app killer to close everything, and then my phone behaves normally again. I also try to make it a habit of turning my phone off and back on every couple of days or so, just in case it needs a break. ;)

4. regression

regression Well-Known Member

I have had that problem also. No apps (Sprint Nav, Google Maps, GPS monitor) can't get satellites. I turned my phone off and one again and all is good. I have had that happen a couple of times now....

5. hearthorbeguy

hearthorbeguy Member

Me too.