GPS / Nav crashing?Support

Last Updated:

1. jbass350z

jbass350z Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I flew into another state and needed gps to get me to my destination in my rental car. Things would start up fine with the turn by turn but every few minutes it would lock up. Is anyone else having this problem? Rebooting the phone didn't seem to help. I never had this problem with my incredible.

Advertisement
  2. Jbeabs

Jbeabs Member

It has happened to me twice. but only on long trips. If you force close the app it will restart fine... sometimes my the phone will notice (although longer than it takes you to kill the app) and ask you if you want to force the app to close.

3. ChiefHopper

ChiefHopper Well-Known Member

That happened to me yesterday while traveling to election training. The NAV app started out fine (I was really impressed with voicing my destination address and it came right up!) and all seemed to be well. About 7 minutes in it stopped and had something about not responding. I tapped force close and was going to wait until I was a stop sign when... the voice gave me the next direction. What!?! So I let it guide me the remainder of the way w/o a map.

In the parking lot I noticed the Nav blue arrow in the notification dock. Pulled down and tapped navigation and the map popped up!

Weird.

Now the same thing happened on the return trip home.

Sigh!

Al