GPS Navigation???Support

Last Updated:

1. WheelZ

WheelZ Active Member This Topic's Starter

hey guys, does anyone ever have any issues with google maps navigation in aus?

if so, whats your favourite choice of app for the job or alternatively how do i fix google nav so i dont have to pay for an app?

thanx...

Advertisement
  2. goughy

goughy Well-Known Member

Mine seems to be working fine. Have copilot as well but am partial to navigon now. Have you looked for it on the market yet (not appbrain).

3. WheelZ

WheelZ Active Member This Topic's Starter

navigon? yeah, i keep trying to open it and it says it cant find it?

4. TradiePete

TradiePete Member

I downloaded the updated free Google Maps with Navigation from the Market about 4 days ago on my SGS. Hasn't missed a beat when driving in terms of accuracy. Other GPS apps (such as cardio trainer and map my ride) have been less accurate - occasionally putting me out by 100m or so but this has been spot on every time driving around Melbourne.

Only downside - chewed up a lot of battery and asked me to turn down a one-way street once. I declined!

5. Hansdroid

Hansdroid New Member

Also had a lot of trouble with the GPS-accuracy, this improved radically after firmware upgrade (upgrading to Froyo.)

6. revatio

revatio Active Member

I don't think standalone GPS was resolved. Carrier/Wi-Fi assisted GPS does seem to have improved. Good luck if you are driving in the boonies.