GPS never turns offSupport

1. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

My phones GPS never turns off. I have it off in settings but still the icon keeps on blinking in status bar.

Need Help!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Are you sure its GPS and not smart stay that's blinking?
  3. pmorrsn

pmorrsn New Member

Since updating to cm10.2, mine keeps flashing in status bar and in notification.
    No obvious drain on battery as i might have assumed.
  4. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

Maybe its because you have it selected under "Location Services" Unchecking "Use GPS Satellites" and use only wireless networks.
  5. pmorrsn

pmorrsn New Member

That's new behavior in 10.2? I've always had then checked since Frodo.
  6. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Op hasn't mentioned anything about being rooted, so we are talking about the stock ROM.
  7. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

Iam not rooted and I have it unchecked in settings and its off its gps circle icon not smart stay.
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  8. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

Its already unchecked and I have noticed battery drain because of this.
  9. Griff_LI

Griff_LI Well-Known Member

Does it persist after a reboot (or battery pull) ?
  10. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

You might install GSam Battery Monitor and look which app uses the GPS the most.

Harry
  11. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

Thanks I have installed the free version but I dont know how to see apps using gps in there? Can u give me its details?
  12. SirEagle

SirEagle Well-Known Member

When it's blinking that means some app is trying to locate you using GPS and not finding you. Reboot and see if it's blinking. Then watch as you open apps to see which one the culprit is.
  13. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

Just the regular battery monitor program (settings/more/battery) shows which apps are using GPS. For example, mine currently shows that Google Services used GPS for 30 seconds during the first two hours on battery.

BTW, I have a bluetooth dongle which has a program which turns BT on when it is trying to communicate with the dongle, and then back off again. It very well could be something is doing the same thing with GPS.
  14. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

On GSam's opening screen tap on 'App Usage'. On the next screen tap on the header ("App Sucker ..."), that will open a menu which let you choose 'View GPS Time Used' ... voila :)

Harry