GPS no longer working for me after 2.1 update; will a custom ROM fix that?

Last Updated:

1. Necrotica

Necrotica Member This Topic's Starter

Please forgive me if this should have gone in the main Samsung Moment forum; I wasn't entirely sure where this post belongs.

I never had any of the GPS issues that people complained about in Android 1.5 until I upgraded to 2.1 and rooted, and now I do have them. The option for the cell tower triangulation based location service still works, but it's hardly accurate. When I uncheck the "Use wireless networks" option under Settings, then check "Use GPS satellites" option, and then go to "My Location" in Google Maps, I get an error that says, "Your current location is temporarily unavailable". It does the same thing when both options are checked.

Doing a factory reset didn't work. Flashing back to the official update didn't work. So I guess my question is... is there a custom ROM out there that will restore the GPS functionality or am I going to have to go to a Sprint repair center?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Advertisement
  2. Shiftr182

Shiftr182 Member

ROMS might help, but odds are you should reset the GPS. Go to the Dialer and dial ##GPSCLRX# it will ask you if you are sure, hit yes. GPS will be reset.

3. edp

edp Well-Known Member

try the littlejth kernal. i was having the same issue as you and switching to this fixed my gps and it works spot on now. but i'm also the running 2.8 lightening rom (which has littlejth kernal included). but just switching to this kernal fixed my gps, even before i started running the lightening rom