1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

GPS not working after dgb-root?

1. Zmol

Zmol Member

Hi again. It's impossible to get gps-connection after I rooted my desire with dgb. It worked stock and with CM7, but not now. I primarily use it with google maps.

Any thoughts?

Bonus question:
    Is there any way to get a new dialer-interface? It splits my eight diget numbers like american numbers, I cannot immideately search by names as I was used to and some numbers don't show up in my SMS-program by name but not in my dialer interface. Lastly it names all unknown calls "Asbj

Advertisement
    :
  2. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

You didn't root with dgb.

Try a simple factory reset? Wipe data etc?

Bonus answer - Yes.
    Look on the market there's a few, GoDialer for example.
    Zmol likes this.
  3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

That doesn't sound right for dgb dialer. Should be same as cm. Definitely wipe data. Did you restore data from another rom?
  4. Zmol

Zmol Member

GPS was fixed after data wipe! Tx :)
    - any way to make the dialer stop dividing my calling digits in threes eg 8888-888-888? Seems to be default behaviour with all the dialers I try
  5. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Yeah, it defaults to a US number division scheme. It's an Android thing.

The easy way to stop it is to put your own divider in when you enter the number. If you do that it doesn't add its own in my experience.
  6. Zmol

Zmol Member

Hi again
    It seems my GPS does work, but I have only managed to get it 3-4 times. Usually it takes 20 minutes before it connects. In short it is useless. It cannot even keep a connection when running outdoors.

Any thoughts on that?