GPS not working after Froyo.Support

Last Updated:

1. Wlliam.

Wlliam. Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just updated to froyo and there are 2 issues.

Video camera freezes after recording a clip, and the GPS wont work. It would normally detect my location in less than 15 seconds, but now takes forever. The only way to locate is using wifi or mobile network..

Edit: Unmounted SD card, restarted device, took battery out for 30 secs and put it back. Everything works as it should now.

Advertisement
  2. chris 290

chris 290 Well-Known Member

Just checked mine and found some gps satellites using speedview but Google maps struggled to find signal did not find or I gave up.

This is a real shame as gps used to be fast to lock on.

Let's hope this is sorted quickly.

3. Wlliam.

Wlliam. Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah.. It works now but still kinda slow. Speedview only needs 2-3 seconds.

4. oisteing

oisteing Member

Same problem here, lightning fast lock before Froyo, almost dead GPS after. (Norwegian Desire user).

Random acts like rebooting sometimes work, but still takes minutes to get a lock, even outdoors with clear sight.

Only other problem I have with Froyo is that the camera app isn't updated on the HTC Desire, as far as I can tell...

5. amg_1969

amg_1969 Well-Known Member

Backed mine to HTC yesterday as GPS had gone boobs up since the Froyo update, now got to wait 2+ weeks for the dam thing to be returned.:(

Andrew:mad:

6. oisteing

oisteing Member

I am still having issues with GPS. Used to be lightning fast, along came Froyo and now it's a no good. The latest update from early september didn't do anything noteworthy, neither for the GPS.
    Norwegian customer here, can we be infected by the "Telstra crisis"?

7. soundmaven

soundmaven New Member

I'm a developer of SpeedView and I want to say this have nothing to do with Telstra. Many of our users are reporting this issue. I too have noticed this after updating my Desire to 2.2. Rebooting sometimes helps, but it still takes much longer than before to acquire the fix, even outdoors with a clear view of the sky.

Edit: It doesn't seem to be device-specific, we're seeing this behavior on a Nexus One as well.