• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GPS not working in Camera

chromadroid

Lurker
Oct 10, 2010
Hey everybody!

I'm trying to use my camera with GPS, so they will automatically geotag and all that fun stuff, but it doesn't work. It takes the pictures, but it won't get the GPS location.

Now for the full story:

I'm in Jalalabad, Afghanistan, where there is no CDMA, though I do have WiFi, and obviously there are GPS satellites up there. The GPS is working fine with google maps and with OSMand.

any ideas? I'd really like to geotag and upload some panoramas while I'm here.

chromadroid: I've done a little reading on this, I know you don't have CDMA where you are. What mode do are you running? I think you need to have the phone running as "Global" to include CDMA in order for the GPS to work. You don't need a CDMA signal, but you need to have the phone set this way for it work. That is what I've read, it could be wrong because it doesn't make sense to me why. Give it a try.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones