GPS not working with some cases?

Last Updated:

1. Glancing Aft

Glancing Aft New Member This Topic's Starter

Not sure this has been posted or not since I hadn't read all of the GPS threads up till now since I didn't think I was having a problem...

When I got the phone I wasn't using a case and the thing locked on to GPS right away. Then I purchased that clear plastic case at&t is selling in their stores. GPS was fine but I hated the case so today I returned it to get the rubber body glove one that was being sold. Tonight I tried using the GPS and suddenly it's not locking on, and when it does lock on it's way off...

Anyone else experiencing this?

Advertisement
  2. Chromag

Chromag Well-Known Member

I don't think it has anything to do with the case. When I first got my phone the GPS worked great. After a few days it got slower and slower locking on. I did a factory reset and it started working again and has started to slow down the lock times. But it is still locking on when in my car and outdoors - it just takes 15 or so seconds to lock

3. radi0chik

radi0chik Well-Known Member

My captivate had intermittent issues with GPS. Regardless of what case I had. One day/hour/minute it'd work just fine, and the next, I couldn't get a lock at all. Think it's just randomness.

4. mi04se1

mi04se1 Well-Known Member

My gps only works sometimes with no case. When I was using my Iphone with TomTom, I first had a case. With the case on, I had no or very little gps reception. Took the case off and the gps was perfect. So what Im trying to say is a case probably would affect it.