GPS on Droid. . .Is there a setting for ON/OFF?

Last Updated:

1. Chief Wahoo

Chief Wahoo Member This Topic's Starter

I have searched for GPS on the forum, but didn't see anything come up, so I am posting a quick question.

I want to use Locale and the app says that it functions more accurately when GPS is enabled, but for the life of me I can't find where I turn that on or is it always on (default)?

The big reason I ask is that I set up a situation in Locale that was "Home weekend" and entered my home location, but the app does not seem to recognize my location and is in "default" situation.

Thanks all!

Advertisement
  2. krazykrivda

krazykrivda Well-Known Member

for convenience - add the power widget that comes with the phone on your homescreen. There you can toggle many things, GPS included.

3. Chief Wahoo

Thanks. I forgot all about that widget on my home page and it does display what I needed to know. My GPS is on. Thanks.

Now if I can just figure out what I have set up incorrectly in Locale I would be all set. Thanks again for the reminder.

4. krazykrivda

krazykrivda Well-Known Member

Being that GPS tends to kill battery, I've found that under "Menu/Settings/Location & Security" check off "Use wireless networks" This will keep a general area of where you are just about whenever you have signal, and not KILL battery. Then just toggle GPS on/off as necessary to preserve battery.

EDIT: by "check off", I do mean have this box checked (avoiding confusion)

5. Racklefratz

Racklefratz Member

6. Chief Wahoo

Sigh. . .It seems to have such a complete set of very good features and have had a message back from the developer (so customer service isn't ignored), but the complexity makes it harder to work with than I had expected. Thanks for sharing.