1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

GPS on HTC

Last Updated:

1. janoose

janoose Member This Topic's Starter

My question is on the HTC Desire Z if the GPS would still work without wifi like what does Sense UI have to do with the GPS. Like are the maps already pre-loaded or do I have to use the wifi to get the maps to appear and to have the direction feature. I recently got the T Mobile version of the HTC Desire Z (G2) because I wanted to save money and didn't know they are not really the same phone since no Sense UI. I also realized for the T-Mobile I that I need the wifi to get the GPS directions to work (unless I don't know how to use the GPS). Just wondering for the actual HTC Desire Z which has SenseUI if the GPS would work without having the wifi to load the maps. Basically I am debatting should I sell the TMobile and get the Desire Z since the GPS is important to me and if the lack of Sense UI is causing the problem.

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Using Google Maps, you need either a 3g connection or wifi. It wont work without a connection.

3. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Just get Navigon or even Better CoPilot and you will never need WiFi or any other data signal for GPS to work.

P.S. Next time try to use some full stops and stuff like that so that what you say actually makes sense.

4. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

I think, we speak about HTC Location, the new service in Desire HD and Desire Z.
    HTC Location should be like Maps but with the maps on SD card.
    So you only need GPS and don't need WiFi or 3G connection.

EDIT: Sense UI has nothing to do with HTC Location :)

Harry