gps or weather widget problem?Support

Last Updated:

1. squeakr

squeakr Member This Topic's Starter

I have two EVOs at home (mine and the wifes) and both have the same problem, the weather app is set to use the gps location yet it returns the wrong location. The location isn't just off a little bit either, it reports our location as being a city over 160 miles away. I find sometimes the gps reports the location wrong in the maps as well. Is there a way to calibrate the how, and is anyone else experiencing this issue? It doesn't seem to be signal problem as I am in a strong 4g location and when off of 4g always on 3g.

Advertisement
  2. joshpdavis80

joshpdavis80 Active Member

Do you have an airave? I have one and it says I am 2 hrs away. I think the problem is the airave. It is only an issue at home.

3. squeakr

squeakr Member This Topic's Starter

No, no air rave as I get good signal and have no need for that, although it shouldn't affect the reporting as I have gps on, should it, or does the cell location take precedence?

4. voiceman

voiceman New Member

Thanks, Josh! I think you answered the reason for my gps/weather app issue! I DO have an Airave at home - which is indispensable - so as long as I know the reason, I'll take the bad with the good. And it's mostly good. ;-)

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I have seen this posted as being an airave issue in the past. other users experience when away from home though so keep a close eye on it