• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GPS over usb possible?

I don't think so - not directly.

I suppose, though, that you could save your DROID GPS info to your account via Maps, then use hte DROID with tethering to get your netbook online and retrieve the info, at which point you should be able to DL the required info (provided that Google maps online supports your desired file format).

If anyone else knows any different, please respond!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply. I figured that was the case. I guess i'll have to shell out for a usb gps module. It would have been too easy to be able to use my phone :)

I bought microsoft's streets and trips 2009 edition with the usb gps. I've never bothered to read up in it and see if that is proprietary or not, but I don't use it anymore, and it works perfectly well.

Pretty sure I can't sell the software but the gps, unit should not be tied to ne, but I'll have to check to make sure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones