GPS problemGeneral

Last Updated:

1. AntiBling

AntiBling New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm having problems with the GPS on my Eris.

At first I thought my GPS was off, then I realized it was using wifi to determine location, pretty impressed it picked up wifi from over a 1/2 mile away.

When I shut wifi off, my GPS doesn't work at all. Indoors, out doors, none of it.

I have GPS enabled and Location On.

When I'm standing outside and go to Google Maps and click "My Location" it says "Waiting For Location" and the satellite icon is on, then it says "Location Temporarily Unavailable."

Using Footprints, the longest I've waited is 5 minutes. The closest it can get now is "United States"

I tried to use it Thursday outside and waited 5 minutes and it at least got the city for the picture name but if you try to find them on the map, nothing.

Any suggestions you have would be appreciated, I'm avoiding doing a factory data reset for now because the last time I did one I ended up having to wait for a different phone because for some reason after I did it my phone couldn't be activated again even though it said it was. Had internet and could call Verizon but could make or receive calls or text messages.

Advertisement
  2. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

Have you tried powering the phone off and then turning it on again? I have lost satellite reception a few times and restarting the phone allowed the GPS to get a fix. I never had to do a full factory reset.

3. AntiBling

AntiBling New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the advice but still didn't fix the problem.