GPS problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. r3dpuma

r3dpuma Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im running Galaxo 1.6.3.4, JC6. My gps is not working. Well let me tell u more, i have the phone since a month ago, it had cupcake, gps was still not working, just kept blinking, then i went to official donut, gps still not connectingm only once it find like 9 sattelites with gpstest and gps compass aps, so it means my gps is not fked up, it does work, but it is some glitch that i dont know how to fix, i`m really happy with the phone atm, even tho so many ppl are complaining, this is the only thing it lacks, the gps to be fully working, and i`ll be a happy guy. Please help me with ideas, suggestions, links etc!
    Thanks anticipated!

Advertisement
  2. weasel

weasel Well-Known Member

So what's not working ? Google Maps ? With mine today, I turned on the GPS, open Google Maps. Used it for a bit ( you could see the GPS icon in the status bar ). Then I closed Google maps and left the GPS on. The indicator in the status bar GPS indicator was then gone. I turned on Google Maps again and I had an instant lock. So I know it was working, just no program was using it, so there was no indication.

3. boonghee

boonghee New Member

i am having the same problem, it doesn't work in google map for eg, to locate my location by GPS.

4. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

Some people have mentioned that if they set their time/date manually rather than having it set to automatic, this makes GPS work again.

5. r3dpuma

r3dpuma Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Stop saying that! ITS not working that way!

6. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

I've seen about half a dozen people post that it did work for them. Maybe yours is a different problem.

I'm only trying to help.